How to complete your capstone projects effectively?
If you need to write an important document and you have little time to do it and even less motivation, this article is for you.
Many students, faced with the first blank sheet of their capstone capstone thesis paper paper, and ask themselves, “ where the heck do I start? "," What the hell should I write? "It's too long a job.”
Are you feeling confused at the beginning of such an important job is absolutely normal but there is a metaphor that we are sure this guide will help you overcome this initial stalemate.
Writing the capstone thesis paper represents the end of a cycle of one's life, and if you think about it, its realization closely resembles another of those topical moments in one's life, the move. Those who have passed through it know very well that moving can be a titanic undertaking, and if you want to survive, you need to have a method:
1. First of all, we need to prepare the boxes, which are the containers in which we will transport everything we want to keep in our new life.
2. The second step is to select the contents of these boxes carefully, being careful to neatly store what matters, perhaps throwing away or selling everything else.
3. Finally, it is necessary to choose the best form of transport for all our boxes and their contents, a specialized company or our friend's broken-down bus?
It is appropriate to adopt a similar method to write the capstone thesis paper, we must first identify the structure of our work or the boxes to be filled; we must then work on the content of these "boxes," and finally, we have to choose the most correct form to present our capstone thesis paper.
Fortunately, when it comes to a complete your capstone project, the "boxes" in question are almost always well defined. A self-respecting capstone thesis paper must, in fact, have at least these 5 "boxes":
1. Introduction. A capstone thesis paper must tell a story clearly and convincingly. The first part of your research paper will, therefore, have to answer a simple question: what did you do to do this paper, and why did you do it?
2. Method. You are about to become a doctor in _________ (fill in the blank with your specialization), if you want to prove your capstone thesis paper, you have to do it methodically. In this second part of the capstone thesis paper, you will have to explain how you did your work, what methodology you adopted, and what tools you used. In this section, we often make an examination of the academic literature concerning the topic of our capstone thesis paper.
3. Results. Unless your capstone thesis paper is a trivial copy-paste from Google, your work will certainly have led to results. This is true for both scientific and humanistic theses, in this section; you have to tell the results you have reached.
4. Discussion. The fourth section is the heart of your capstone thesis paper. You have to argue the results of your research, highlight its consequences, and support what it is about it (not that of Google or Prof.).
5. Conclusions. In the last section, you will have to take stock of the situation, taking up the key points of the research method adopted, the results identified, and your conclusions about it.
If it's the first- capstone thesis paper you write and you don't have the faintest idea where to start, start with these 5 "boxes": start thinking about its structure. This structure will guide you throughout the preparation of your work.
We have defined the "preparation" phase, but with empty boxes, you can hardly make a move. The same goes for finishing your capstone thesis paper, the time has come to fill your 5 "boxes" with content that can impress your supervisor.
You can use this 3-step method:
1. Put the raw content together. In this first step, the goal is to fill the "boxes" as quickly as possible. Copy-paste from the internet references to other texts, scattered thoughts. Any relevant idea ends up in the box, right now, it is important to do "volume."
2. Connect the contents. The next step is to identify a logical thread that links different ideas. Here the primary objective is to identify the right position of the different contents.
3. Rewrite the key content. The third and final phase consists of cleaning up the contents, eliminating the non-essential ones, and rewriting the most important ones so that they are easily readable, and we have a congruent style.
Things NOT to do with your capstone thesis paper!
Too many images
Don't put too many images into your capstone thesis paper. Unless it is graphs, diagrams, or photographs that serve to explain what you write, avoid.
Specifically, we strongly advise against:
-more photos concerning the same topic,
-Photos of yourself (but are you serious?),
-Photos of the University (the commission or supervisor already knows what it is, works on it every now and then)
Talk about something you don't like
Whether the topic was suggested by the supervisor or not, try to write about something that interests you. Already in itself constructing the capstone thesis paper is "uncomfortable," if you also bring bad subjects, you might as well let yourself go to the internal crisis, right?
Too much copy-paste
It may be fine during the first draft, but not in the printing phase. You can copy the most significant parts of the literature you are relying on, but never entire pages. And always remember, where the quotation should be left, to insert the quotation marks and specify the origin of the information in the bibliographical section
You are writing a Capstone project paper, not Dan Brown's latest novel
Even if you are talking about social relationships and emotions, always try to communicate the scientific side of things, that is, the search for foundations to support your capstone thesis paper. The introduction, for example, is usually 5-10 pages long and explains the reasons for choosing the topic, the description of the structure of the capstone thesis paper, and its objectives. A more verbose and off-topic introduction would tire immediately.
Underestimate the layout
Universities generally have strict rules on the print layout of Capstone project theses. They can be consulted on dedicated sites or ask for information from those who have already gone through. In any case, don't underestimate the graphic construction of your capstone thesis paper!
Forget the conclusions
Be very careful that the capstone thesis paper is formed by the introduction, the development, and an obvious conclusion that gives support precisely to your capstone thesis paper. Without the conclusions, a huge flaw in your work would open.
Hope we haven't scared you too much! Once you have finished writing the contents of your capstone thesis paper, one last touch is missing to turn it into a masterpiece. Now you definitely know what NOT to do when you write your capstone thesis paper, the rest is in your hands! Be brave!
Author: Vicki Lezama