How news report can be strengthened through multimedia
According to Gallup poll, 13% of American trusts the local media while 36% of independents, 69% of Democrats, and 15% of Republicans trust media. News reports have great importance as its purpose is to inform the readers about the current issues. Using multimedia (photos, video, audio, graphics, and maps.) in the news reports is an effective way to grab the attention of the readers and help you convey the message that makes an impact. Here’s how news report can be strengthened through multimedia. Let’s dive into it!
What is a multimedia new report?
Multimedia new report is a combination of photos, text, audio, video, graphics and maps that is presented in a non-linear format in which the information in each medium is not redundant but complementary.
How news report can be strengthened using multimedia
- Video is the best medium to take the reader to a central point of your news story and depict action that is happening around you.
- Still photos show the strong emotions, create a specific mood and stay the readers with the most important point in the news report. They are often dramatic and don’t go by quickly, like videos. They are also used with the audios to highlight the people’s emotions. These days, 360-degree photos (panorama) are particularly combined with audio to engage the readers in the location where the event has happened.
- Audio is also a crucial element when it comes to strengthening news reports with multimedia. Audio also works best with video like still photo. For video, good audio is crucial. If the video has bad audio, then it can make the video worse than it is. Moreover, it diminishes the drama of photos. When you use good audio with still photos and videos, it will make your content more real and intense. In order to write n impactful news reports, avoid using the audio alone.
- Graphics also work best to strengthen through multimedia. Animated graphics support how things work. Graphics can explain the whole event in a great way, and they go where normally cameras can’t go. They can be used as a primary medium with text, video and photos in the supporting roles.
- Mapping is a type of multimedia that is used in the reports to show location or give some other information about the story. The satellite imaging and geographic information systems are the most crucial tools for the reporters that can personalize the report in a way possible. It allows the readers to pinpoint the things in their own countries or cities like the liquor store or crime scene location etc.
- Text is used with the multimedia to describe the story (in photos), and processes are often described through the graphics. When you can’t covey the information with the videos, audio, graphics and still photos, the text is used to describe the whole event.
Author: Vicki Lezama